Help for Addiction Problems in Kuwait
One of the real dangers of the addicted mind is that it tends to isolate people. This means that the person will feel powerless and overwhelmed by their problem. This type of isolation is particularly likely to happen in a country like Kuwait where there are not many English-speaking resources available for people with this type of problem. The individual can also be afraid to admit that they have a problem because it might cause difficulties in regards to staying in Kuwait. We will be able to help expats and English speakers living in this country who are in need of addiction help. We have a 24 hour service and we will be ready to take your call. We promise complete discretion and confidentiality when you contact us.
Options for Addiction Treatment for People Living in Kuwait
If you are dealing with an addiction problem in Kuwait then the chances are that you are going to need to go outside the country in order to get the help you need. There are a number of reasons for why this type of medical tourism might be the best option in this type of case including:
- ??? There are limited amounts of resources in Kuwait for people dealing with addiction problems.
- ??? Trying to break away from addiction without help can prove too much for people. The main problem is not usually stopping the substance abuse, but in staying stopped. In order to break away from addiction the person will usually need to do more than just stop drinking or using drugs.
- ??? Expats working in Kuwait might put their job or residential status in jeopardy by trying to deal with their addiction problems while there. By going abroad for treatment, the individual can be guaranteed complete anonymity and nobody need ever find out that he or she have been to rehab ??? they do not even need to use their real name. The person can just tell their employer and work colleagues that they are going on a foreign holiday, and they do not need to say any more than this.
- ??? These days??? medical tourism means finding high quality treatment options at affordable prices. It is even possible to find a luxury facility in a country like Thailand, for a fraction of the cost that people would pay in place like the UK.
When you telephone us, we will be able to provide more information about how leaving Kuwait for addiction help will benefit you.
How to Choose a Rehab Programme
If people are going to leave Kuwait in order to get addiction treatment, it will be important for them to choose something appropriate. This would be easy if there were one type of facility that worked for everyone, but the reality is that different types of programme seem to work better for different types of people. For example, some individuals do really well in a 12 Step type programme where there is an emphasis on the spiritual side of recovery, but this is not an approach that seems to be effective for everyone. There are many things that you will want to think about when choosing a rehab programme, including:
- ??? The size of the programme. Some people will do better in a rehab where there are only a few other clients. The benefit of a small facility is that the individual can usually expect a more intimate and intense experience. The benefit of choosing a larger rehab is that these will usually be better resourced.
- ??? The philosophy of the rehab. This will determine how they will approach recovery treatment. There are many facilities that use the Minnesota Model as their philosophy, and this is ideal for those who intend to make use of the 12 Steps as part of their recovery.
- ??? The elements of the treatment programme ??? for example, group therapy, motivational interviewing, and key worker sessions.
- ??? The level of comfort at the rehab. Some of these centres are more like luxury hotels while others offer a more homely feel. There are many private rehabs where the client will be given their own room but some facilities do not like to do this because they are worried about people isolating and not getting the most out of the programme. The level of comfort is important when considering a rehab because if you are not happy in your surroundings, it will prevent you from getting the most out of what is available. It is usually worthy paying more for a more luxurious rehab if it is going to mean that you will be more comfortable ??? remember that this is an investment in your future so it will be money well spent.
- ??? The length of the programme ??? this could be anywhere from 10 days to 2 years.
- ??? The availability of aftercare. This is one of the most important considerations when choosing any facility. You want to make sure that you will be adequately supported once you return home or all the good work of rehab may be wasted. This is something you will want to pay particular attention to if you plan to return to Kuwait following rehab.
- ??? The completion rate for this programme. This can give you an idea about the effectiveness of what is on offer, but it is important to keep in mind that these statistics are of limited usefulness.
We Will Help You Find a Rehab Outside of Kuwait
We will be happy to help you find a suitable rehab programme for you outside of Kuwait, and we will also be able to arrange everything for you once you make your decision. We have contacts with addiction treatment programmes all around the world, so we will almost certainly have something suitable for your needs. Just give us a call and remember that you are under no obligation to do anything by talking to us. We will be happy to help in any way we can and many of our team members have personal experience with dealing with addiction problems. Call us right away to see how we can help you break away from addiction. Alternatively, you can use our online enquiry form.