Before deciding on whether to enter a Harrogate clinic or not it???s necessary to understand exactly what these rehab clinics offer patients. Rehab centres cure patients of their addictions through a range of different methods. These Harrogate rehabilitation centres provide treatment for alcohol and drugs by customising their programs to each patient???s needs and desires. You can call us here at Addiction Helper and we will do an assessment of your personal, work, and financial situation in order to advise you on which drug and alcohol rehab in Harrogate would be the most suitable to you and your situation.
The alcohol or drug rehab in Harrogate that you need will also depend on your level and length of addiction. This will determine the kind of treatment that you will require to get well. Most rehabs in Harrogate and the surrounding area will develop bespoke treatment programmes based on the outcomes of your assessment.
What Treatment Can I Expect at Alcohol Rehab in Harrogate?
- Initially, detoxification programs are used within rehabilitation clinics to help people clean up their minds before they enter the rehabilitation stage of the program. The idea behind this is to give people the chance to direct their full focus onto the rehabilitation stage. Detox needs to be done under medical supervision as the withdrawal symptoms can be quite severe. You will need a medical professional to monitor your health and progress and to prescribe and administer the appropriate medication to help you with the withdrawal symptoms and to curb the cravings. You can also ask your GP to admit you to hospital for the duration of your detox.
- Rehab centres will regularly make use of group support to keep the morale of residents up. Being able to relate to other patients makes the individual more likely to stick with the rehab clinic program as they are able to look at their own issues and compare it to other people???s. They know they are not alone. Group therapy also provides you with the opportunity to learn and practice the new life skills, thought patterns, and coping mechanisms that you will need when you leave the rehab. You can also learn from the experiences of the other group members.
- Private counselling is always a major part of rehabilitation centres. These rehabilitation clinics use this as a staple for everything they do because it targets the source of the addiction. Unless the source of the addiction can be targeted it???s impossible to find a treatment for alcohol and drugs. These sessions aim to help people cope with the traumatic experiences buried in the recesses of their minds.
- Additional classes offer the chance to learn new skills and develop new hobbies. These classes lay the foundations for the future. With something to build on, people are more likely to be able to resist going back into their addictive ways once again.
- Aftercare provides all of these things for the future. Harrogate clinics ensure people can take advantage of these treatment options once they enter the real world again. Continuous support vastly increases the chances of achieving the goal of long term abstinence.
What Choices Regarding Drug Rehab in Harrogate Do I Have?
When you decide to go into rehab, you have several options to choose from. The first is to decide whether you want to attend an inpatient or outpatient facility for your treatment. We recommend that you choose the inpatient treatment programme because as an inpatient you will be isolated from your ???outside??? life with its problems and temptations. You will not be distracted from your main purpose in rehab ??? getting well. As an outpatient, you will still have to face your daily problems and temptations while trying to stay sober. It is hugely challenging and you will need a very stable and supportive home environment to help you stay focussed on your recovery goals. Nonetheless, whichever option you do decide to go with, rest assured that the level of treatment you receive will be the same in both types of facility. The only difference would be the length of time treatment lasted.
Upon completion of your rehab, whether this is inpatient or outpatient, you should avail of the option for participating in the aftercare programme that your rehab has on offer. Many rehabs offer aftercare free of charge for up to a year after treatment has finished. To aid with your recovery process, you could also join a local addiction charity and get involved with their activities. Local charities are very supportive and you will find the support you need from the people of the charity around you. The activities at such support groups will also keep you occupied and help prevent relapse due to boredom.
Another option is to join a local support group or community forum such as Narcanon or the AA for further support in your quest for continued sobriety. All the members of these support groups are recovering addicts and you can learn a lot from their shared experiences. It also is good to have a safe and secure place where you can share your own experiences without the fear of judgement.