Are you among the residents of Dyfed trying to overcome a drug or alcohol problem? If so, we can help. Addiction Helper offers free and confidential referral services across all of England and Wales. We have access to drug and alcohol treatment provided by private rehab clinics, charities and other service providers. You need only contact us to learn more about available treatments.
The beautiful coastal and interior regions of Dyfed can be deceiving to the point of making people forget that drugs and alcohol are problems everywhere. Even along Dyfed’s glorious west coast there are people struggling with addictive behaviours and substances. These are individuals from every age group, income level, and ethnicity.
Perhaps you are visiting our website because you are personally struggling with addiction. On the other hand, perhaps you are concerned about a loved one who seems to be in trouble. At any rate, we can help. Addiction Helper offers free:
- drug and alcohol assessments
- information about treatment options
- sound advice and treatment recommendations
- answers to your questions regarding treatment
- answers to your questions about intervention
- information about family support.
We Want to Help You
Addiction Helper exists for one reason: to help addicts and their families begin the process of overcoming addiction. No, we do not provide treatments ourselves. However, we do help our clients locate and access rehab clinics and other treatment providers in their area.
Effectively accomplishing our mission requires Addiction Helper to constantly monitor the state of addiction treatment and the services that individual providers offer. The advantage to you is that you do not have to spend weeks or months investigating rehab clinics on your own. We have all the information readily available. It can be yours when you contact us via telephone, live chat or our website contact page.
We have all the information you need about:
- residential rehab options
- free NHS services
- how medicated detox works
- bespoke treatment plans
- conducting an intervention for a loved one
- aftercare services
- support groups, professional counsellors, etc.
We understand that drug and alcohol treatment can be a scary thing. We also know that fear may be one of the things keeping you from getting help. Would you at least be willing to call and talk to one of our counsellors? If so, we promise you will not be on the receiving end of long lectures and accusations. We will listen to everything you have to say before offering you our advice for treatment. We only want to help you.
Important Treatment Basics
Improved understanding of substance abuse and addiction has led to the development of dozens of different treatment options. The treatment community has also come to realise that there is no one-size-fits-all treatment guaranteed to be successful for every addict. Bespoke treatment plans are a much better approach. In light of that, treatment providers are more likely to develop treatment plans based on a three-stage approach to recovery:
- Detox ??? Breaking the tolerance and dependence cycle is the first stage of addiction recovery. This is accomplished through a 7 to 10-day detox that is medically supervised and, when appropriate, aided by prescription medication.
- Rehab ??? Up to 12 weeks of rehab therapy follows detox in most cases. Rehab therapy can include individual counselling, group counselling, 12-step participation, and more. Some of the clinics we work with even utilise speciality therapies involving art, music, etc.
- Aftercare ??? The final step in recovery is known as aftercare. In this stage, clients that have already completed residential treatment are connected with additional support services for several months following. The services are designed to help prevent a relapse in the future.
Enrolling in a treatment programme provided by a rehab clinic following the bespoke model puts the individual under the care of trained therapists with years of experience. A medical team evaluates and monitors the patient’s health while the therapeutic team develops and implements rehab treatments. All of them work together to ensure the health and well-being of the patient.