Cocaine abuse and addiction is a very serious problem both in the UK and abroad. It is important to note that there is no single treatment that has proved effective for everyone. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why cocaine rehab clinics offering bespoke treatments are more successful than NHS clinics and other providers adopting a one-size-fits-all approach.
For the greatest chances of success, it is necessary for a cocaine rehab facility to offer patients a combination of treatments best suited to their individual circumstances. Let’s face it; every cocaine addict is a different person with different needs. It is imperative that treatment be matched to those individual needs.
As a confidential referral service and consulting organisation, we focus on clinics and other providers adopting the custom treatment approach. We believe wholeheartedly in this approach, seeing the results it has achieved over the years. If you need help with a cocaine addiction habit, we encourage you to avail yourself of the free and confidential services we provide.
Medicinal Cocaine Rehab
Researchers have spent many years looking into medicinal cocaine rehab options that will help reduce the danger of withdrawal whilst alleviating insatiable cravings for cocaine. There are some medications available today, but they are limited in both use and scope. The good news is that many of the traditional approaches still work even without medication.
For example, comprehensive cocaine rehab treatment includes behavioural intervention along with detox and medication. The behavioural treatments are necessary in order to help addicts retrain their thought patterns to avoid relapse. When cocaine detox is offered without behavioural treatment, relapse is very likely.
Behavioural treatment is to the psychological and emotional addiction what detox is to the physical. Although some people do not realise it, the psychological and emotional addiction to cocaine can be the stronger and more difficult part to break. It’s nearly impossible to so without behavioural treatment.
Examples of behavioural treatments include the following:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Also known as CBT, this therapy was originally developed for the purposes of helping those with anxiety and mental disorders. However, practitioners quickly discovered it could be effective in helping cocaine addicts as well. CBT aims to refocus thoughts in ways that are positive, rather than allowing the addict to continue the old thought patterns that lead to addiction.
- Group Counselling – Addiction recovery experts have learned over the years that there is a lot to be gained from group support. By offering counselling in a group setting, therapists are able to take advantage of mutual encouragement, accountability and the comfort that comes from knowing there are others experiencing the same challenges.
- Skills Training – Once an addict has completed detox and CBT, the next step is to learn how to avoid future relapse. Part of this next step is known as life skills training. It teaches recovering addicts effective strategies to deal with the daily pressures and stresses they will face when they eventually leave the facility. They are taught how to overcome rather than returning to the old practice of taking drugs.
In addition to interventions, detox and behavioural therapy, other types of services are often necessary to help the recovering addict deal with extraneous problems he or she may face as a result of their cocaine use. Those problems can include legal, societal, or family and issues.
In the case of legal issues, the cocaine addict might be facing prosecution or jail time as a result of crimes committed while under the influence. While rehab will not necessarily change those circumstances, it will be a necessary ingredient to help keep the addict on the straight and narrow while he’ or she is working their legal problems out.
In terms of family issues, many of the best cocaine rehab clinics include some measure of family counselling as part of their residential programmes. Moreover, where family counselling is not included by default, the clinics can recommend free and paid counselling services families can take advantage of.
In the area of societal reintegration, the services provided by rehab clinic can be invaluable. Clinics offering reintegration services can do a number of useful things, including:
- introducing the recovering addict to potential employers
- helping an individual get plugged-in with local support groups
- teach the recovering addict any social skills that are lacking.
A Commitment to Get Well
We assume you are visiting our website because you suspect you might have a cocaine addiction. Perhaps you already know it to be true. In either case, getting well requires a commitment from you. It requires a willingness on your part to not only seek treatment, but to do whatever is necessary to achieve total victory.
You must understand that your commitment to getting well is the one factor that would most influence whether or not you succeed. Your commitment must also include a commitment to long-term abstinence. After all, abstinence is the only true cure for addiction. No amount of rehab or medication will keep you away from cocaine if you are not committed to avoiding it in every way possible.
If you are ready to start the recovery process today, we are ready to help you find an appropriate clinic and treatment programme. Residential rehab can last between 4 and 12 weeks and will include detox and the appropriate behavioural therapies. If you cannot afford residential rehab on your own, there are other options we can discuss.
Our number one priority is to make sure you are getting the help you need. When you call us, one of our trained professionals will help you assess your current circumstances as a way of developing a customised treatment plan just for you. We will inform you of all the available treatment options, answer your questions as best we can, and make our recommendations for the wisest course of action. We can even help you make admission arrangements if necessary.
Cocaine rehab is available in many forms if you are willing to take that first step. Are you? Call us or send an e-mail right away.helloCocaine Rehab